It's been a loooong time since I last posted but I hit the milestone of handing in my final year dissertation today so I thought I'd celebrate....by posting about it. Well, I would have celebrated but first of all I'm shattered, and secondly I still have the small matter of 3 exams to go...THIS month. But I'm still happy. Kind of want to get this whole university thing out of the way. It's been the best 4 years of my life but the course has dragged on it'll be good to get it over and done with. One thing I would say that if anyone is thinking about doing a degree in history, research research research. Make sure you know what areas of study your university covers and check the modules. Its a sad fact that in my final year, out of 18 modules, I have only truly enjoyed 2 of them but not point reminiscing!
I've got google analytics set up on this account which is a great tool for anyone interested as it lets me know how many people check my blog, where there from and most importantly of all...what browser they are using! But anyway, when I start getting emails telling me I'm getting more than 10 hits a day I know this only means one thing; the baseball season is upon us. I've resubscribed to mlb.tv and I'm ready to go. My dissertation has forced me to neglect the season a bit but I am well aware the Mets are doing averagely as usual and even though to Red Sox are picking it up a bit, it looks like they are on the setting for another disappointing season. Go Sox! Hopefully after my exams I'm going to be able to watch more and more games because at the moment the time difference is a pain and I am looking forward to the prospect.
Well, it's been a brief post but to be honest, not a huge amount has changed in my life since my last one. One thing that is going to be happening in July is something that I've always wanted to do is that I am going on a mini road trip around Europe for a couple of weeks but that's for another post. Hopefully I'll post again sooner rather than later. Wish me luck!
Song of the day: Now, I have been listening to music pretty much non stop for the last few days whilst doing my dissertation so I thought I'd post one of the songs I'd played the most. Nizlopi are most famous for their JCB song which whilst good, is nothing on their other music. Dwelling in relative obscurity after their one hit wonder, I think Nizlopi are a really underappreciated and underrated band and this is one of my favorite songs. They've recently announced that the band has split, but the music will always be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment